Our designer at Tanasbourne, Lisa Galligan, shared this handy info and list with the team at our last meeting. Being something we all should paste on the refrigerator or in our work spaces, we thought we’d share it with you.
Happy people don’t spend a lot of time watching television, a new study finds.
It turns out to be the single activity they engage in less often than unhappy people.
“We looked at 8 to 10 activities that happy people engage in, and for each one, the people who did the activities more — visiting others, going to church, all those things — were more happy,” Dr. Robinson said. “TV was the one activity that showed a negative relationship. Unhappy people did it more, and happy people did it less.” ~ John Robinson, a professor of sociology at the University of Maryland and the author of the study
The data show that people who spend the most time watching television are least happy in the long run.
Here’s a list of other characteristics of a happy person. How many do you do or don’t do?
Happy People – 22 dos and don’ts
1. Happy people don’t hold grudges.
2. Happy people treat everyone with kindness.
3. Happy people see problems as challenges.
4. Happy people express gratitude for what they have.
5. Happy people dream big.
6. Happy people don’t sweat the small stuff.
7. Happy people speak well of others.
8. Happy people never make excuses.
9. Happy people live in the present.
10. Happy people avoid social comparison.
11. Happy people wake up at the same time every morning.
12. Happy people choose friends wisely.
13. Happy people never seek approval from others.
14. Happy people take the time to listen.
15. Happy people nurture social relationships.
16. Happy people meditate/pray.
17. Happy people eat well.
18. Happy people exercise
19. Happy people live minimally – de-clutter.
20. Happy people tell the truth – honesty.
21. Happy people establish personal control.
22. Happy people accept what can’t be changed.
Everyone should be happy right? Share this with your family and friends. Use the share buttons below to pass this.